"Movies like this make me remember I love human beings." This is about reviewing movies.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

flash-review #6 : The Fall

The Fall is a-friggin-mazing. On every level. So beautifully shot - in over 22 countries!!! - well acted, amazingly directed, fun story, engaging characters and heart. A whole lot of heart.

It's about this guy, stuntman in the 1920's portrayed by a favorite actor of mine, Lee Pace (from Pushing Daisies previously), that after a bad stunt, ends up paralyzed. He becomes friend with this cute little girl and basically tells her this story. There's more to it, of course, but I don't want to tell too much. And my god, it's the most beautiful story ever. Not the most original, I'll admit - you could say the film borrows elements from Big Fish, or Wizard of Oz or something - but it's so damn touching and beautifull to watch. Think about it. An epic tale of revenge, set in those amazing landscapes, an explosives expert, and ex-slave, a gunslinger (I love gunslingers), Charles Darwin and his monkey, and Indian guy and an ex-slave wearing horns. Amazing.

See it, buy it, rent it, I don't care, but see it. Truly amazing.

No comments: